LCM Swimming after...no LCM for a loooong time

Former Member
Former Member
Heya All: My regular coach is leaving our group & it is time for a change. I'll be going on Monday to another of our team's practice pools that has a great coach & workout group. Difference is that I've been swimming all short-course yards (SCY) so far and this pool is always configured long-course meters (LCM.) I've not swum in an LCM pool decades. More than three it seems. Any tips, comments, funny stories about making such a change? :) I know stamina is an issue that is critical and kicking becomes even more important. What else do y'all know about it? All I remember from my high school & college days was that at the beginning of summer season the pool looked reeeeealllllly looooooong.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks everyone for all the comments, suggestions, and stories! Much appreciated. So after three weeks of 4-5 days a week of LCM practice I'm (a) now used to getting up early for the morning workouts, (b) comfortable in the LCM pool and agree it's the best for stamina + technique training, but (c) haven't yet figured out how to sprint that early in the morning. :) I try a fast 50 and just short of halfway I feel that where-is-the-wall twitch. Have to adjust my sprint thinking & know the rest will eventually come. I now recall why I loved short course (SCY or SCM): I really, really love my walls and turns. heheheh. But I'm having fun training (great coach, workout group, & teammates) and I think next year I'll enjoy competing LCM in some events. Though the 200BR...it's so loooooong seeming right now. :blush: And yes my triceps have had a lot to say about these weeks. Thank goodness for foam rollers.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks everyone for all the comments, suggestions, and stories! Much appreciated. So after three weeks of 4-5 days a week of LCM practice I'm (a) now used to getting up early for the morning workouts, (b) comfortable in the LCM pool and agree it's the best for stamina + technique training, but (c) haven't yet figured out how to sprint that early in the morning. :) I try a fast 50 and just short of halfway I feel that where-is-the-wall twitch. Have to adjust my sprint thinking & know the rest will eventually come. I now recall why I loved short course (SCY or SCM): I really, really love my walls and turns. heheheh. But I'm having fun training (great coach, workout group, & teammates) and I think next year I'll enjoy competing LCM in some events. Though the 200BR...it's so loooooong seeming right now. :blush: And yes my triceps have had a lot to say about these weeks. Thank goodness for foam rollers.
Children
No Data