Entry-Level Tech Suit: Hydrophobic Fiber or Taped Seams

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all. I'm considering purchasing an entry-level (read--cheap) tech suit for this summer's slate of open water swims and I'm trying to decide whether hydrophobic fiber or taped seams is more important. Any thoughts/experience? Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback everybody! The water temperatures in Annapolis are now peaking around 77.2 as of late. I had planned on wearing my sleeveless wet suit for the GCBS. But if it breaks 78 I'm guessing the organizers will ban wet suits. Now I'm considering getting some neoprene jammers, like Blueseventy's core shorts. I'm content to wear regular jammers or a tech suit for the Kingdom Swim later this summer, but something about swimming in the Bay makes me want to have that thicker layer of neoprene, haha.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback everybody! The water temperatures in Annapolis are now peaking around 77.2 as of late. I had planned on wearing my sleeveless wet suit for the GCBS. But if it breaks 78 I'm guessing the organizers will ban wet suits. Now I'm considering getting some neoprene jammers, like Blueseventy's core shorts. I'm content to wear regular jammers or a tech suit for the Kingdom Swim later this summer, but something about swimming in the Bay makes me want to have that thicker layer of neoprene, haha.
Children
No Data