25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • I remember travelling to Evansville with the University of Arkansas-Little Rock team a number of years ago. They have an old six lane 25 yard pool. But what caught my eye was the tiled markings on the side of the pool: 220Y FR, 1500M FR, and I think 440Y FR. I suppose those were for rope finishes. Was that pool built 25 yards as an anomaly at the time, that they would need to include the 20 yard pool races? Always puzzled me. My sister went to Evansville, I remember seeing those markings! Tangentially, they *really* need a new pool...
  • I remember travelling to Evansville with the University of Arkansas-Little Rock team a number of years ago. They have an old six lane 25 yard pool. But what caught my eye was the tiled markings on the side of the pool: 220Y FR, 1500M FR, and I think 440Y FR. I suppose those were for rope finishes. Was that pool built 25 yards as an anomaly at the time, that they would need to include the 20 yard pool races? Always puzzled me. My sister went to Evansville, I remember seeing those markings! Tangentially, they *really* need a new pool...
Children
No Data