25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • I stand corrected, but doesn't that mean the block is back from the finish by the lenth of the pad? It does, but I guess as long as the blocks are consistently mounted that way it's not a big deal. It is sort of funny if you think about it. Pools have to be constantly measured to make sure they meet the requirements, but who's checking the blocks? I bet no one would even notice if the blocks were mounted an inch forward from the edge of the pool.
  • I stand corrected, but doesn't that mean the block is back from the finish by the lenth of the pad? It does, but I guess as long as the blocks are consistently mounted that way it's not a big deal. It is sort of funny if you think about it. Pools have to be constantly measured to make sure they meet the requirements, but who's checking the blocks? I bet no one would even notice if the blocks were mounted an inch forward from the edge of the pool.
Children
No Data