25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I come from a running background. The shortest running race in the Olympics, 100m, lasts around 10sec. There are 60m races at the World Indoor Championships, lasting around 6sec. It seems that 100m swimming was the shortest distance at the Olympics for many years, right? 50m is relatively new. I have to say that, given the above, I'm baffled that 25m is not an official SC FINA event. Why should something lasting a whole 20sec (for the very best) be the shortest event? The 25m would present us with a very elite group at sub 10sec. Aren't those numbers wonderful? It's a lost opportunity to not have this as a Thing!! I shall start a movement. The 25m seriously needs to be an official SC event. Suggestions for names? As soon as 1000 people approve, I shall contact FINA.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I come from a running background. The shortest running race in the Olympics, 100m, lasts around 10sec. There are 60m races at the World Indoor Championships, lasting around 6sec. It seems that 100m swimming was the shortest distance at the Olympics for many years, right? 50m is relatively new. I have to say that, given the above, I'm baffled that 25m is not an official SC FINA event. Why should something lasting a whole 20sec (for the very best) be the shortest event? The 25m would present us with a very elite group at sub 10sec. Aren't those numbers wonderful? It's a lost opportunity to not have this as a Thing!! I shall start a movement. The 25m seriously needs to be an official SC event. Suggestions for names? As soon as 1000 people approve, I shall contact FINA.
Children
No Data