25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I'm a slow newbie shmuck, but I love having a 25m day on Thursdays. It takes me about 18.5sec on a good day. Hey, that's a lot of seconds!! The 25m is meaningful to me. I'd love to know what the WR is for 25m. In that 20.26sec 50m SC video, I think they hit the wall at just under 10sec, but that is flip turning vice reaching. I suspect 9.5sec? I see 25m at some meets around my area, but they don't officially count, or show up in results. Hail 25m!!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I'm a slow newbie shmuck, but I love having a 25m day on Thursdays. It takes me about 18.5sec on a good day. Hey, that's a lot of seconds!! The 25m is meaningful to me. I'd love to know what the WR is for 25m. In that 20.26sec 50m SC video, I think they hit the wall at just under 10sec, but that is flip turning vice reaching. I suspect 9.5sec? I see 25m at some meets around my area, but they don't officially count, or show up in results. Hail 25m!!
Children
No Data