Have you ever swam a Masters National meet?

I know this is not the national forum spacebar, I want to thank everyone that work & timed & ran the 4 day meet. If you have never been to a National meet, you are missing something from your swimming life! I swam 6 individual events & 2 relays that taught me how to accept my age & speed both going up! The comradeship of my fellow swimmers raised my expectations of my dropping self esteem to help me. Many of the swimmers i did not know but, they cheered me on anyhow!
Parents
  • This year they had the junior high's gym open and allowed swimmers to camp out in there to stay cool. I don't recall that being available in 2011 and it really helped a lot. Yes, the gym was open in 2011, and I ended up spending a lot of time in there. (The gym is where they had the vendors set up.) Still, I ended up a mess after a couple of days in that heat when I was outside! (As a side note, however, my body's autonomic nervous system was really screwed up for a few years there, and I now know what my body can and can't tolerate!)
  • This year they had the junior high's gym open and allowed swimmers to camp out in there to stay cool. I don't recall that being available in 2011 and it really helped a lot. Yes, the gym was open in 2011, and I ended up spending a lot of time in there. (The gym is where they had the vendors set up.) Still, I ended up a mess after a couple of days in that heat when I was outside! (As a side note, however, my body's autonomic nervous system was really screwed up for a few years there, and I now know what my body can and can't tolerate!)
Children
No Data