Have you ever swam a Masters National meet?

I know this is not the national forum spacebar, I want to thank everyone that work & timed & ran the 4 day meet. If you have never been to a National meet, you are missing something from your swimming life! I swam 6 individual events & 2 relays that taught me how to accept my age & speed both going up! The comradeship of my fellow swimmers raised my expectations of my dropping self esteem to help me. Many of the swimmers i did not know but, they cheered me on anyhow!
Parents
  • I've swum at 2: * 2002: Tempe, AZ (ASU's Mona Plummer Aquatic Center) * 2019: Mesa, AZ (Kino Aquatic Center) I did not have a good experience at all in 2002. So much so that I scratched my last event and didn't swim in any meets at all for 7-8 years. This year I was in the area anyway for an open water event, so I did 3 events at nationals (1000/500 free, and 200 ***). It was like going from one swimming extreme to another between the two. Other than the crowds and heat, it wasn't too bad. Although the warm-up lanes were busy, they weren't as bad as I remembered. It was nice to catch up with many swimming friends I've met over the years (and met some others from these forums for the first time in-person). It was surprising how many people I knew...or who knew me. I might go to San Antonio next year, since it is so close to where I live.
  • I've swum at 2: * 2002: Tempe, AZ (ASU's Mona Plummer Aquatic Center) * 2019: Mesa, AZ (Kino Aquatic Center) I did not have a good experience at all in 2002. So much so that I scratched my last event and didn't swim in any meets at all for 7-8 years. This year I was in the area anyway for an open water event, so I did 3 events at nationals (1000/500 free, and 200 ***). It was like going from one swimming extreme to another between the two. Other than the crowds and heat, it wasn't too bad. Although the warm-up lanes were busy, they weren't as bad as I remembered. It was nice to catch up with many swimming friends I've met over the years (and met some others from these forums for the first time in-person). It was surprising how many people I knew...or who knew me. I might go to San Antonio next year, since it is so close to where I live.
Children
No Data