Glenda Jackson swims for King Lear

Former Member
Former Member
Love this article! 82 years young, she swam to get in shape for King Lear performances - 8 a week! www.cbsnews.com/.../
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Redbird, I also loved her explanation of aging: "One of the things that I find fascinating about my age is that the me inside hasn't changed at all," she said. "I mean, I think the me inside is about 15 years old. It's the envelope that's carrying the me inside around that simply refuses to do what I tell it, you know what I mean? My fingers won't work. And, you know, my back gives me trouble. And I lose my balance and things like that. And also, I am so aware of how much I don't know. And I think, 'My God, you're so ignorant. Have you got time to learn?' We'll have to wait and see!"
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Redbird, I also loved her explanation of aging: "One of the things that I find fascinating about my age is that the me inside hasn't changed at all," she said. "I mean, I think the me inside is about 15 years old. It's the envelope that's carrying the me inside around that simply refuses to do what I tell it, you know what I mean? My fingers won't work. And, you know, my back gives me trouble. And I lose my balance and things like that. And also, I am so aware of how much I don't know. And I think, 'My God, you're so ignorant. Have you got time to learn?' We'll have to wait and see!"
Children
No Data