Canned oxygen use at high-altitude meets. Experience?

Has anybody had experience using canned oxygen (such as Boost Oxygen) at high-altitude swim meets? I will be competing at the National Senior Games, in Albuquerque, this June and would like to know what I can expect if I use it. How well does it work? Would racing after taking a few hits of oxygen be similar to racing at sea level? I have been doing some training with a center-mount snorkel with a air-restricting cap to help prepare. In addition, I will be arriving on a Wednesday evening before my first race on Sunday, so I will have a few days to adjust; however, it's probably not enough. I'm thinking the oxygen could help-- at least it wouldn't hurt! I just don't want to die on my 200 fly, 400 IM, 200 IM, and 200 breaststroke! :whiteflag:
Parents
  • "So, my recommendation is to accept whatever comes your way, during all of your warm-ups and races focus alot on exhaling and inhaling. - Good to know, Windrath, thanks! I've been stressing slightly about the altitude as well, but in my head, just going to go with it. Elaine, I'm doing just the four free events. I can't do any other stroke with any efficiency. We'll have to plan to connect while there, right? :)
  • "So, my recommendation is to accept whatever comes your way, during all of your warm-ups and races focus alot on exhaling and inhaling. - Good to know, Windrath, thanks! I've been stressing slightly about the altitude as well, but in my head, just going to go with it. Elaine, I'm doing just the four free events. I can't do any other stroke with any efficiency. We'll have to plan to connect while there, right? :)
Children
No Data