switching USMS teams

Question about switching USMS teams. My friend plans to swim at YMCA Nationals with me and was going to switch from the team he is currently registered with to the team I am registered with (and in charge of) so that our relay times at Nationals will be eligible for Top Ten. However he then has another meet back in his hometown he is scheduled to swim a week later and wanted to represent his original team again. I realize club hopping from meet to meet would be something USMS might frown upon, but can anyone with knowledge of the process tell me if this is alright? To recap: Swimmer is on USMS Team A -> switches to Team B for a meet -> switches back to Team A Also how long does it take for team changes to be reflected?
  • Read rule 201.3.5. Thanks will look it up (that's what I wanted was help with someone directing me to any pertinent rules!)
  • Calvin, If you have not read the rule yet, this is how it goes. To switch from one club to another: Your friend either needs to not compete for his current club for 60 days prior to changing to your club or he needs to compete as an unattached swimmer for 60 days before changing to your club. In this case, with Y Nats on April 11-14, the clock started ticking on Feb 9-10. There is no way he is gonna be able to change back to his first club after the Y Nationals. He should check in with his USMS registrar because YMCA registration rules are different than USMS. Good Luck getting your Top Ten time!.
  • Calvin, If you have not read the rule yet, this is how it goes. To switch from one club to another: Your friend either needs to not compete for his current club for 60 days prior to changing to your club or he needs to compete as an unattached swimmer for 60 days before changing to your club. In this case, with Y Nats on April 11-14, the clock started ticking on Feb 9-10. There is no way he is gonna be able to change back to his first club after the Y Nationals. He should check in with his USMS registrar because YMCA registration rules are different than USMS. Good Luck getting your Top Ten time!. Windrath, Thanks I did check the rule. All good. We can represent our Y team for Y Nats no problem (any times he submits for USMS would appear under his current club's name). We can still be on relays together we just won't be eligible for Top Ten.