PLEASE HELP - Pool closing for good - quick online petition

Former Member
Former Member
Would you spend a minute of your time to help keep a pool open? (it's the only one for at least 15 miles) We're seeking the help of USMS community members. Centenary University in Hackettstown, NJ has plans to close their pool. This would leave several high school teams, a club team, several community programs, any future collegiate swim team, the students, and the other collegiate athletic programs without a nearby pool to train in. The university administration is now reconsidering and there's an online petition that started yesterday trying to help convince that the pool is worthwhile. It's a change.org petition which takes under a minute to sign. Your help is appreciated!! http://chng.it/r4BSBccqRW
Parents
  • Sorry - no. It wants info I do not give out. Yeah...this is kind of how I feel about it too. I am sorry that your pool is closing...I really am. But why would those making the decisions whether to keep it open, or to close it, give relavence to 'signatures' on the petition of people who live hundreds, or even thousands of miles away, and clearly have never, or would never use that pool? Dan
  • Sorry - no. It wants info I do not give out. Yeah...this is kind of how I feel about it too. I am sorry that your pool is closing...I really am. But why would those making the decisions whether to keep it open, or to close it, give relavence to 'signatures' on the petition of people who live hundreds, or even thousands of miles away, and clearly have never, or would never use that pool? Dan
Children
No Data