Under what temperature will you start wearing a wetsuit?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm very afraid of hot weather and prefer to swim in cool water. (unfortunately all triathlon / aquathon races, and all but one OW swimming race in my place are held in hot seasons where wetsuit is never legal, which for me is a great disadvantage especially in the run) I'm seeing people wearing a wetsuit in temperature that I consider too warm for me to swim at race speed on skin, and wonder how don't they overheat in a wetsuit. For a mile swim, what temperature will you start wearing a wetsuit, assuming little difference between air and water temperature and little wind?
Parents
  • A lot of people decide to wear wetsuits while racing because they are faster, not because of temperature. I've actually never swum in a wetsuit, but I voted for 68. That's about the water temp where I think I'd start feeling cold without one (although it's certainly still a tolerable temperature for a normal suit).
  • A lot of people decide to wear wetsuits while racing because they are faster, not because of temperature. I've actually never swum in a wetsuit, but I voted for 68. That's about the water temp where I think I'd start feeling cold without one (although it's certainly still a tolerable temperature for a normal suit).
Children
No Data