Goggle magnification causes early flip turn and a missed wal

Anyone else notice their googles make the wall appear closer than it really is? I use 2 different models of Speedo and they both do it. It is especially troublesome in a 50 free sprint and I have only gotten toes on the wall in 3 of my last 4 50s.
Parents
  • I always botch my turns at SCY natatorium 50’s, especially 100’s, because the markings are everywhere, unfamiliar, and deep. Other factors, than goggles, that change turn dynamics are being shaved, suit, wedge, and adrenaline. Might be a good idea to practice 25’s + turns from the block when opened for warmups whenever you get the chance, wearing everything you plan on during the heats. I wish I could count strokes and turn as expected like a swiss timing, but that requires precision
  • I always botch my turns at SCY natatorium 50’s, especially 100’s, because the markings are everywhere, unfamiliar, and deep. Other factors, than goggles, that change turn dynamics are being shaved, suit, wedge, and adrenaline. Might be a good idea to practice 25’s + turns from the block when opened for warmups whenever you get the chance, wearing everything you plan on during the heats. I wish I could count strokes and turn as expected like a swiss timing, but that requires precision
Children
No Data