Goggle magnification causes early flip turn and a missed wal

Anyone else notice their googles make the wall appear closer than it really is? I use 2 different models of Speedo and they both do it. It is especially troublesome in a 50 free sprint and I have only gotten toes on the wall in 3 of my last 4 50s.
Parents
  • In all my years of swimming, I have never counted strokes in a race😬. I think it would be easier in a less frantic race than a 50 free, I think I’m too inconsistent in the start and breakout to rely on that. I’m usually racing in a pool I’m not familiar with which adds to the problem. I’ll pay more attention to the cross on the bottom, but some 50 meter pools are deep where they have the bulkhead in. Any tips on goggles would still be appreciated.
  • In all my years of swimming, I have never counted strokes in a race😬. I think it would be easier in a less frantic race than a 50 free, I think I’m too inconsistent in the start and breakout to rely on that. I’m usually racing in a pool I’m not familiar with which adds to the problem. I’ll pay more attention to the cross on the bottom, but some 50 meter pools are deep where they have the bulkhead in. Any tips on goggles would still be appreciated.
Children
No Data