Does anyone else burp a lot during swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
I keep thinking about asking this, but always forget. Since getting back in the pool when I can due to my work, surgeries, and just life...a couple years ago I noticed I burp a lot during my minute of rest and sometimes during a lap. Does this happen to anyone else? btw - I was finally able to get back up to 1800 yards during my lap swim a couple weeks ago 😄🏊*♀️
Parents
  • I drink about 10 Oz of protein shake mix and water on my way to the pool. I bet that's it. Whey causes stomach issues wiht a lot of people, but it is usually gas, rather than burping. That said......is there a reason you are drinking it before, rather than after, your workout? They are often referred to as "recovery" drinks, as your muscles need protein to help recover after a workout. Personally, I each greek yogurt with granola about 30 minutes before I swim.
  • I drink about 10 Oz of protein shake mix and water on my way to the pool. I bet that's it. Whey causes stomach issues wiht a lot of people, but it is usually gas, rather than burping. That said......is there a reason you are drinking it before, rather than after, your workout? They are often referred to as "recovery" drinks, as your muscles need protein to help recover after a workout. Personally, I each greek yogurt with granola about 30 minutes before I swim.
Children
No Data