Do I need Aquatic shoes for running in the pool?

Former Member
Former Member
It just occurred to me that running in the pool barefoot might not be good for my back or feet and wondering if I should be wearing those aqua shoes? My running is, from the 3 1/2 mark to 4’ (I can’t stand any deeper) - it’s about 10 yards and I’ll do 8 forwards and 8 backwards runs. And I’m only 5’ tall, so about 1 1/2 feet of me is exposed from the water at the most.
  • Prodgirl - Unless our pool has a rough bottom, or detritus on the bottom, you should not need running shoes. Water helps displace your body weight so there is very low impact to your back, knees, and feet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Prodgirl - Unless our pool has a rough bottom, or detritus on the bottom, you should not need running shoes. Water helps displace your body weight so there is very low impact to your back, knees, and feet. Thank you. Nothing rough, just the typical pool plaster and it’s only two years old, so in good condition.
  • you should be ok. I doubt that any hard pressure will be exerted on your feet with the water depth/ .