Do you swim ~literally~ every day?

It's a constant debate and battle in my head, the angel and demon on each shoulder: should I go to swim practice on the seventh day or not? Is swimming 365 days a year in good interest? I am sure context, how you live and work your hours outside of swim, matters here. Are there any true fish out here who make it to the pool day-after-day almost infallibly? I'd be impressed to hear your story! :bow: I always swim 3-4 days a week, no challenging it. I would like to always swim 5-6 days a week, and do in fact hit this goal during different seasons. Still... ....I'm always debating trying swimming 7 days a week, every week. Part of me wants to do it, because I'd want to take full responsibility for making myself the best swimmer I personally can be. And that would be an impressive and presumably rewarding undertaking. But is knocking off days of eventually-mandatory rest even worth it? Am I just being to hard on myself? Would swimming that much be counterproductive? Perhaps it would leave me feeling as though I had something to prove. Some days when I listen to my body, the is reply is "less is more." :drowning: What do you all think? Would you change your schedule to swim 7 days, every week, for as much as one whole year straight - and if you did, why would that be a worthy, worthwhile goal for you? And if you are already a fish 7 days a week, almost every week, would you ever consider swimming less? (Not counting tapering, of course: which could be defined as not swimming for a swimming reason --- as opposed to taking a break/changing your schedule: which is not swimming for an external reason or justification.)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I go virtually every day because the water's so nice to my messed-up back. I find there's no reason to take a day off no matter how hard I'm training because I can always keep the intensity very low and focus on the details of my technique.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I go virtually every day because the water's so nice to my messed-up back. I find there's no reason to take a day off no matter how hard I'm training because I can always keep the intensity very low and focus on the details of my technique.
Children
No Data