Ouch

Masters team practice Tuesday, there were two lanes closed because of some maintenance issue overhead. So we spilled over into the lap lanes. I was alone in a lane at first but then some random guy shows up and jumps in with me. That's fine, since I was occupying his rightful space. But he turned out to be a wide swimmer, arms and legs akimbo. He took up 3/4 of the lane width and his hands and feet often smacked into me. I got hit and kicked so many times I found bruises when I went into the shower. In addition, I had to alter my form to watch for his approach so I wouldn't get punched every lap.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    While my regular pool is closed, I've been trying other locations. At one, I was sharing a lane (which was already awkward because even with my sedate breaststroke, I was faster than my lanemate) at the side of the pool. Instead of recessed ladders/footholds, that pool has metal ladders that jut out underwater. I ended up kicking into the ladder 3 or 4 times. :(
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    While my regular pool is closed, I've been trying other locations. At one, I was sharing a lane (which was already awkward because even with my sedate breaststroke, I was faster than my lanemate) at the side of the pool. Instead of recessed ladders/footholds, that pool has metal ladders that jut out underwater. I ended up kicking into the ladder 3 or 4 times. :(
Children
No Data