Is there a forum for followers of Emmett Hines?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been looking in vain for a message board specifically for those who follow Emmett Hines's Fitness Swimming. I was on his site, www.h2oustonswims.org, and found a link for forums, but it's dead. The "contact us" links aren't working for me, either (I think this problem is the fault of my own computer). Help me out?
  • Unfortunately Emmett Hines died in 2016, so I suspect that's why the links no longer work.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Well, damn. It was only after you told me this that I realized I'd been going around with some vague idea that one day I might shake his hand and thank him for writing the book. I wouldn't have thought that learning I'll never get that chance would hurt this much. Now that I know, I guess I'm just looking for a group of swimmers who adhere to his overall training approach: learn vertical kicking in fins, then VK with no fins, then learn to swim in fins with stationary arms, then add arms. I know it's shamefully dogmatic, but this approach has been working so well for me that I can't help but want to shut out every other way and treat Fitness Swimming as my bible. Fellow Emmett Hines devotees, please make yourselves known.