tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I haven't got the time to observe the others yet - my schedule is currently very tight, perhaps will do it on Friday. I joined the squad training this morning and the coach told me to do some drill which was contrary to what I was trying to do before joining the squad: She told me to use more of my legs (kick more) - previously I always tried do no more than 2-beat kick because I heard that 6-beat kick would cause my legs so tired such that I couldn't do any bike / run afterwards. She also told me that I glided too much such that I stopped during the glide and to do my stroke faster (!) - as mentioned before I was working at about 58 spl / 58 strokes per minute before, making slightly more than a minute per 50-meter length - but what I previously tried to do was to reduce both numbers - until spl goes down to 45 and sr goes down to 52 (by training with various amount of gliding) - to conserve my energy for running afterwards. What she told me to do was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I did previously! Near the end of the session, she put a tempo trainer in my cap and told me to do as fast as it beeped - but at that stroke rate I couldn't sustain anything more than 100 meters! I tried the swim smooth swim type questionnaire but it suggests I am an arnie - which is impossible and totally insane! I matched basically NONE of the description of an arnie! The description suggests I might be a bambino or an overglider instead. I am a software engineer and develop PHP applications in my work. I have recently joined an OWS race of 3.7 km with negligible current, and completed at 1 hours, 25 minutes and 45 seconds.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I haven't got the time to observe the others yet - my schedule is currently very tight, perhaps will do it on Friday. I joined the squad training this morning and the coach told me to do some drill which was contrary to what I was trying to do before joining the squad: She told me to use more of my legs (kick more) - previously I always tried do no more than 2-beat kick because I heard that 6-beat kick would cause my legs so tired such that I couldn't do any bike / run afterwards. She also told me that I glided too much such that I stopped during the glide and to do my stroke faster (!) - as mentioned before I was working at about 58 spl / 58 strokes per minute before, making slightly more than a minute per 50-meter length - but what I previously tried to do was to reduce both numbers - until spl goes down to 45 and sr goes down to 52 (by training with various amount of gliding) - to conserve my energy for running afterwards. What she told me to do was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I did previously! Near the end of the session, she put a tempo trainer in my cap and told me to do as fast as it beeped - but at that stroke rate I couldn't sustain anything more than 100 meters! I tried the swim smooth swim type questionnaire but it suggests I am an arnie - which is impossible and totally insane! I matched basically NONE of the description of an arnie! The description suggests I might be a bambino or an overglider instead. I am a software engineer and develop PHP applications in my work. I have recently joined an OWS race of 3.7 km with negligible current, and completed at 1 hours, 25 minutes and 45 seconds.
Children
No Data