tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • When a swimmers' stroke count increases as they go faster, it is because they are NOT finishing the stroke. This will negatively impact their entry, their catch, the timing of their kick, and they will feel like they spin their wheels. Thank you! I had been assuming I was pretty normal. I know my sprints are pretty atrocious. My 100 feels "best" and I practice much closer to NQT in that one than the others. I'm probably overextending a little on the longer ones. Circling back to the OP, I suspect that boxes pretty well, though I'd be a little more inclined to focus on the start, rather than the finish, based on what I see other inefficient swimmers do.
  • When a swimmers' stroke count increases as they go faster, it is because they are NOT finishing the stroke. This will negatively impact their entry, their catch, the timing of their kick, and they will feel like they spin their wheels. Thank you! I had been assuming I was pretty normal. I know my sprints are pretty atrocious. My 100 feels "best" and I practice much closer to NQT in that one than the others. I'm probably overextending a little on the longer ones. Circling back to the OP, I suspect that boxes pretty well, though I'd be a little more inclined to focus on the start, rather than the finish, based on what I see other inefficient swimmers do.
Children
No Data