tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • Without seeing you swim, it's very difficult for us to determine where your stroke technique issues lie. What aspects did your coach point out regarding your legs? There might be an overall issue with your technique that is causing you to rely primarily on your upper body, thus tiring your triceps very quickly. In order to eliminate weaknesses in your stroke, however, you need to isolate and work on improving those areas. You obviously have a large workload in terms of fullstroke, but how are your practices designed? Try to find a coach - remotely or on-deck - who can design workouts that target your overall swimming needs, especially the triceps.
  • Without seeing you swim, it's very difficult for us to determine where your stroke technique issues lie. What aspects did your coach point out regarding your legs? There might be an overall issue with your technique that is causing you to rely primarily on your upper body, thus tiring your triceps very quickly. In order to eliminate weaknesses in your stroke, however, you need to isolate and work on improving those areas. You obviously have a large workload in terms of fullstroke, but how are your practices designed? Try to find a coach - remotely or on-deck - who can design workouts that target your overall swimming needs, especially the triceps.
Children
No Data