tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • Yes, we are counting strokes the same way. Yes, SPL should not be much different when sprinting vs longer distances. SPL is more a function of fatigue. You are suggesting that your SPL changes alot between both distance and speed. Based on your earlier posts, your SPL does change alot between both effort and distance. Neither should happen. Bottom line, your stroke technique needs alot of improvement in efficiency. Watch the faster swimmers around you, count their strokes, see if you can imitate them. Without video, we cannot help. Without video, anything we offer is purely speculation. Paul
  • Yes, we are counting strokes the same way. Yes, SPL should not be much different when sprinting vs longer distances. SPL is more a function of fatigue. You are suggesting that your SPL changes alot between both distance and speed. Based on your earlier posts, your SPL does change alot between both effort and distance. Neither should happen. Bottom line, your stroke technique needs alot of improvement in efficiency. Watch the faster swimmers around you, count their strokes, see if you can imitate them. Without video, we cannot help. Without video, anything we offer is purely speculation. Paul
Children
No Data