tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • For whatever it is worth in benchmarking, my sprint 25's take 19-20 strokes per 25 yards. I'm pretty short, 5'8", or about 1.7M by non-US standards. My 100's are 16, my 200's are 14, and my 500's are 13 (I was hitting 14 about half the time at the end of a 40x50 set this AM). Extrapolating (which one shouldn't do!!!!!), for longer sets, I'd probably be about 30 per 50M. If you are at 50 for a regular stroke, I suspect that you are not getting good reach and you are not engaging your lats. For whatever strange reason, what killed me this morning was leg cramps in my quads from pushoffs. Never had that happen before.
  • For whatever it is worth in benchmarking, my sprint 25's take 19-20 strokes per 25 yards. I'm pretty short, 5'8", or about 1.7M by non-US standards. My 100's are 16, my 200's are 14, and my 500's are 13 (I was hitting 14 about half the time at the end of a 40x50 set this AM). Extrapolating (which one shouldn't do!!!!!), for longer sets, I'd probably be about 30 per 50M. If you are at 50 for a regular stroke, I suspect that you are not getting good reach and you are not engaging your lats. For whatever strange reason, what killed me this morning was leg cramps in my quads from pushoffs. Never had that happen before.
Children
No Data