tricep fatigue

Former Member
Former Member
When I swim freestyle continuously above my sustainable speed, the first thing which fails me is my deltoid - when fatigue set in I can no longer do a proper EVF catch and the exit is also affected as well. However I've heard that the most used muscle in freestyle swimming is the lats, but I feel my lats only when I swim longer than 3k - by that time my deltoid have fatigued so much to the extent that it affects my swimming seriously. What does the above symptom mean?
Parents
  • Something is always going to be the limiting factor. Everybody's body proportions, muscle strength, and limb length ratios are going to be different, so everybody's limiting factors and strengths/weaknesses are going to be different. If your triceps are becoming tired due to a technical error, you are going to be able to see that in a video or via coaching. Otherwise, you may not need a stroke correction and you just might have to get your triceps stronger, or that might just be the way your body is built. Let's not miss the forest (swimming as well as possible overall) for the trees (exactly which muscle gets tired first).
  • Something is always going to be the limiting factor. Everybody's body proportions, muscle strength, and limb length ratios are going to be different, so everybody's limiting factors and strengths/weaknesses are going to be different. If your triceps are becoming tired due to a technical error, you are going to be able to see that in a video or via coaching. Otherwise, you may not need a stroke correction and you just might have to get your triceps stronger, or that might just be the way your body is built. Let's not miss the forest (swimming as well as possible overall) for the trees (exactly which muscle gets tired first).
Children
No Data