Help, not in shape for my"taper meet"

Between a torn rotator cuff and subsequent surgery I have swum in no meets in 2018. I have been OK'd to swim at the SPMS meet Nov 30-Dec 2 (my last chance for times this year). I was only OK'd to swim full stroke 2 wk ago. It was very hard to be motivated to workout hard doing only kicks and one armed swimming. My repaired shoulder has pretty good ROM(the Dr says great ROM, but it is not as good as my "good" shoulder and my L arm is still smaller than my right.) I have been doing modified USRPT as it is self limiting and touted as not needing to taper with. I am not in the shape I want to be in, but I am finally motivated. Since i am nearly 70, I am not sure that I wouldn't benefit from a taper, but with limited time i doubt a full 3 wk taper is the best idea.Thoughts and recommendations?
Parents
  • The SCM preliminary TT results are out. I went to the SPMS meet to try to get Top Ten. I had made TT for 39 years in a row and didn't want to stop my streak. All 3 of my BR races made TT(preliminary) so that is now 40 years in a row. The 100 BR time is likely AA. Yes, I surprised myself. Thank you for the support. WooHOO, King Frog! :cheerleader: You are still the king of the pond! I am happy to hear you recovered so well from your surgery and are back in top form. CONGRATULATIONS! :applaud: :chug:
  • The SCM preliminary TT results are out. I went to the SPMS meet to try to get Top Ten. I had made TT for 39 years in a row and didn't want to stop my streak. All 3 of my BR races made TT(preliminary) so that is now 40 years in a row. The 100 BR time is likely AA. Yes, I surprised myself. Thank you for the support. WooHOO, King Frog! :cheerleader: You are still the king of the pond! I am happy to hear you recovered so well from your surgery and are back in top form. CONGRATULATIONS! :applaud: :chug:
Children
No Data