100 fly help

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I need help dropping time in my 100 fly. I currently have a best time of a 1:04. I weigh 115 pounds, 5'1, am 14 years old, and practice 4 times a week (each day is a focused on one stroke). My goal is to swim a 1:00 or under, but just don't know how to get their. Do you guys know any Drills, workouts (dryland and in the water), and practice tipes that would help me improve my fly? Thank you!
Parents
  • 9 swims a week + wts. ? This sounds like a recipe to "over work" a young athlete into not wanting to carry on in the sport unless they are being groomed for the Olympics. I M H O She started asking about more practices when she was about 9. Her then coach told me "let them decide how much they want to do - if they are asking to do more, they aren't at risk to burn out" when I asked about burnout. Different coach now, but thinks the same way. I don't ever make her go or even have to encourage it. It is like a source of pride for a lot of the kids, but that kind of workload is pretty normal for high school aged kids now (she's a year ahead, so in 9th grade). The largest team here mandates all practices be attended (10 per week - 21 hours) for swimmers at her level (Futures, or close to it). Even that team's lower senior program has 18.5 hours per week with a required percentage (ours is 16.5 in the water, 2 with weights, but no requirement).
  • 9 swims a week + wts. ? This sounds like a recipe to "over work" a young athlete into not wanting to carry on in the sport unless they are being groomed for the Olympics. I M H O She started asking about more practices when she was about 9. Her then coach told me "let them decide how much they want to do - if they are asking to do more, they aren't at risk to burn out" when I asked about burnout. Different coach now, but thinks the same way. I don't ever make her go or even have to encourage it. It is like a source of pride for a lot of the kids, but that kind of workload is pretty normal for high school aged kids now (she's a year ahead, so in 9th grade). The largest team here mandates all practices be attended (10 per week - 21 hours) for swimmers at her level (Futures, or close to it). Even that team's lower senior program has 18.5 hours per week with a required percentage (ours is 16.5 in the water, 2 with weights, but no requirement).
Children
No Data