100 fly help

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I need help dropping time in my 100 fly. I currently have a best time of a 1:04. I weigh 115 pounds, 5'1, am 14 years old, and practice 4 times a week (each day is a focused on one stroke). My goal is to swim a 1:00 or under, but just don't know how to get their. Do you guys know any Drills, workouts (dryland and in the water), and practice tipes that would help me improve my fly? Thank you!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    To compare, my daughter who is a butterflier did a 57.39 at 13 this past February. She was a little taller, (5'3") but weighed the same. She was doing 7-8 practices a week then. Now she is at 9 a week (17-1/4 hours), and lifting twice per week. The other thing I should mention is that my daughter is now slower because she has lost focus when it comes to taking care of her body. Diet and rest are also very critical factors to consider. I just started doing workouts 5 days a week along with my 4 practices a day. The workouts are a little bit of everything. When I swim butterfly my feet don't come out of the water/sometimes get tripped up on the kicking. Are there any tricks that I can do to help with that or do I just have to practice it more? I've only been using body weight in my workouts. Should I use weights and should I practice more often? Thank you!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    To compare, my daughter who is a butterflier did a 57.39 at 13 this past February. She was a little taller, (5'3") but weighed the same. She was doing 7-8 practices a week then. Now she is at 9 a week (17-1/4 hours), and lifting twice per week. The other thing I should mention is that my daughter is now slower because she has lost focus when it comes to taking care of her body. Diet and rest are also very critical factors to consider. I just started doing workouts 5 days a week along with my 4 practices a day. The workouts are a little bit of everything. When I swim butterfly my feet don't come out of the water/sometimes get tripped up on the kicking. Are there any tricks that I can do to help with that or do I just have to practice it more? I've only been using body weight in my workouts. Should I use weights and should I practice more often? Thank you!
Children
No Data