100 fly help

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I need help dropping time in my 100 fly. I currently have a best time of a 1:04. I weigh 115 pounds, 5'1, am 14 years old, and practice 4 times a week (each day is a focused on one stroke). My goal is to swim a 1:00 or under, but just don't know how to get their. Do you guys know any Drills, workouts (dryland and in the water), and practice tipes that would help me improve my fly? Thank you!
Parents
  • ... when I was 14, the only way to swim a fast 100 fly was to pretend I was swimming the 200 fly, so I could relax. Seriously, all my best 100 fly times came from the first 100 of my 200 fly or 400 IM because I was always trying to go fast when swimming a straight 100 fly. So, as Frankie said when he went to Hollywood, relax. ... Love, Random Person on the Internet My fastest 100 fly until recently was going out my last 400 IM. I beat it by a couple tenths earlier this year though. Butterfly is definitely my worst stroke though, so take that for whatever it's worth.
  • ... when I was 14, the only way to swim a fast 100 fly was to pretend I was swimming the 200 fly, so I could relax. Seriously, all my best 100 fly times came from the first 100 of my 200 fly or 400 IM because I was always trying to go fast when swimming a straight 100 fly. So, as Frankie said when he went to Hollywood, relax. ... Love, Random Person on the Internet My fastest 100 fly until recently was going out my last 400 IM. I beat it by a couple tenths earlier this year though. Butterfly is definitely my worst stroke though, so take that for whatever it's worth.
Children
No Data