USMS Fall Fitness Challenge (1 Mile swim)

I'm signed up for the USMS Fall Fitness challenge. Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to do? The rules/direction aren't really clear to me. Just swim a mile??? Am I suppose to time myself. Report my results to anyone? Dan
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My experience is that open water swims are fairly welcoming to members, such as myself, of Team DFL. I got to shake Mark Spitz's extremely large and warm hand immediately after finishing in a sTunNinG 2:29:12 in a race with a 2:30 cutoff. I did not know who he was until someone told me, but I appreciated the heat transfer involved. It was a high point in my extensive DFL career. I don't think he shook the hands of each of the many 1:20-something swimmers. Sumorunner, you can be my Team DFL buddy.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My experience is that open water swims are fairly welcoming to members, such as myself, of Team DFL. I got to shake Mark Spitz's extremely large and warm hand immediately after finishing in a sTunNinG 2:29:12 in a race with a 2:30 cutoff. I did not know who he was until someone told me, but I appreciated the heat transfer involved. It was a high point in my extensive DFL career. I don't think he shook the hands of each of the many 1:20-something swimmers. Sumorunner, you can be my Team DFL buddy.
Children
No Data