Pool availability

Just as an aside, my wife was saying this morning on her way out to the pool, "You know, the fitness center pool will be closed for cleaning all next week." I shrugged, so what? I can go several other places. How many pools are within easy driving distance from you. I feel I'm pretty lucky in that I have access to no less than 7 pools within a 30 minute drive in New York's capital district. There are 5 YMCAs, 1 town fitness center and my college alma mater. Our health insurance pays for access through a program called Silver Sneakers, so they're all free to me as well.
Parents
  • We have two pools at our facility, a 50M pool and a smaller 25 yd teaching pool. Our Masters group occasionally gets bumped to the teaching pool due to scheduling or maintenance issues the big pool. Our club also has an agreement with a nearby 25M pool that we can use if our home facility is completely closed. Beyond that, there couple of 50 meter pools and severai 25 yd/meter pools within 20 miles of my house, though with limited open swim hours. If I really get stuck, I can pull out my wetsuit and head for the beach, though the red tide has made that option a bit less enticing this year.
  • We have two pools at our facility, a 50M pool and a smaller 25 yd teaching pool. Our Masters group occasionally gets bumped to the teaching pool due to scheduling or maintenance issues the big pool. Our club also has an agreement with a nearby 25M pool that we can use if our home facility is completely closed. Beyond that, there couple of 50 meter pools and severai 25 yd/meter pools within 20 miles of my house, though with limited open swim hours. If I really get stuck, I can pull out my wetsuit and head for the beach, though the red tide has made that option a bit less enticing this year.
Children
No Data