Freestyle stroke advice Please (video included)

I learned freestyle a year ago and recently hit a major personal milestone of sub 1:30 for an all out 100m sprint (SCM). Very happy about this :-D. Here is my stroke video. www.dropbox.com/.../Oct-8-2018-free-all-angles.mp4 Three months ago, my all out times were 1:39.6 (100m) and 0:21 (25m). Now they're 1:29.8(100m) and 0:20.2 (25m). So clearly I'm making more progress aerobically than stroke technique-wise. I'm guessing/assuming 25m all-out speed depends on technique. All-out 100m: 1:29.8 (spl: 24) All-out 25m: 0:20.2 (spl: 20) css-pace: 1:40 (I can do 10x100 with 20 second gap). My spl ranges from 21-22 for these 100s. I do mostly 50s and 100s (trying to pay attention to stroke count). The only drill I currenty do is single-arm free style (8x25 on each side). Since I started this drill a month ago, it has improved my DPS a lot. I swim 6 days a week (12km). My next target is 1:20 for 100m :) I would love to hear your feedback on what I should focus on next.
Parents
  • I'm glad the feedback on crossing over was helpful for you! When we talk about catching air, we mean that you are driving a certain amount of air into the water (you can see this in your video on the right arm as compared to the left arm). The angle of the hand entry is key to avoid catching air. You'll want to keep watching videos of your swim and adjust the angle of your right arm/hand entry such that you are no longer seeing those air bubbles. In the previous video that you posted, you had a wide kick that came mainly from the knees. In the latest video, you have a very small, inconsistent kick - so you have developed a good upper body, but it is not tied to a strong, efficient kick. If you work on side kicking, kicking on your back, or streamline kick and incorporate kicking into your daily swimming routine along with single arm drills, you will develop a better, more consistent kick overall. Using these kicking drills (side and back for example) will allow you to isolate your kick and develop it better than simply trying to focus on the kick during the fullstroke. Hope this helps - good luck!
  • I'm glad the feedback on crossing over was helpful for you! When we talk about catching air, we mean that you are driving a certain amount of air into the water (you can see this in your video on the right arm as compared to the left arm). The angle of the hand entry is key to avoid catching air. You'll want to keep watching videos of your swim and adjust the angle of your right arm/hand entry such that you are no longer seeing those air bubbles. In the previous video that you posted, you had a wide kick that came mainly from the knees. In the latest video, you have a very small, inconsistent kick - so you have developed a good upper body, but it is not tied to a strong, efficient kick. If you work on side kicking, kicking on your back, or streamline kick and incorporate kicking into your daily swimming routine along with single arm drills, you will develop a better, more consistent kick overall. Using these kicking drills (side and back for example) will allow you to isolate your kick and develop it better than simply trying to focus on the kick during the fullstroke. Hope this helps - good luck!
Children
No Data