Freestyle stroke advice Please (video included)

I learned freestyle a year ago and recently hit a major personal milestone of sub 1:30 for an all out 100m sprint (SCM). Very happy about this :-D. Here is my stroke video. www.dropbox.com/.../Oct-8-2018-free-all-angles.mp4 Three months ago, my all out times were 1:39.6 (100m) and 0:21 (25m). Now they're 1:29.8(100m) and 0:20.2 (25m). So clearly I'm making more progress aerobically than stroke technique-wise. I'm guessing/assuming 25m all-out speed depends on technique. All-out 100m: 1:29.8 (spl: 24) All-out 25m: 0:20.2 (spl: 20) css-pace: 1:40 (I can do 10x100 with 20 second gap). My spl ranges from 21-22 for these 100s. I do mostly 50s and 100s (trying to pay attention to stroke count). The only drill I currenty do is single-arm free style (8x25 on each side). Since I started this drill a month ago, it has improved my DPS a lot. I swim 6 days a week (12km). My next target is 1:20 for 100m :) I would love to hear your feedback on what I should focus on next.
Parents
  • At this point, I think the best thing for you would be to continue what you are familiar with - ie practicing the single arm drill - which has, as you have seen, already helped you improve quite a bit. You can put a twist on the single arm by slowing down the recovery and emphasizing more of the kicking part of the drill. This way, you will get a lot more out of the drill and work your kick more. You can also combine this with kicking on your side (on both sides, similar to single arm). Another aspect I noticed that you can think about is making sure that your right hand doesn't cross over during the extension of the arm Be sure to place your hand in front of the shoulder. You also have the tendency to catch some air on the right arm, as well. Once again, you're doing a great job so far by improving your swimming on your own. Keep up the great work!
  • At this point, I think the best thing for you would be to continue what you are familiar with - ie practicing the single arm drill - which has, as you have seen, already helped you improve quite a bit. You can put a twist on the single arm by slowing down the recovery and emphasizing more of the kicking part of the drill. This way, you will get a lot more out of the drill and work your kick more. You can also combine this with kicking on your side (on both sides, similar to single arm). Another aspect I noticed that you can think about is making sure that your right hand doesn't cross over during the extension of the arm Be sure to place your hand in front of the shoulder. You also have the tendency to catch some air on the right arm, as well. Once again, you're doing a great job so far by improving your swimming on your own. Keep up the great work!
Children
No Data