Absence of Swimming for a year

Former Member
Former Member
Greetings to all of you! I swim from the age of 3 up to summer 2018 when I was 28. I am a competitive swimmer and my best record in 200m butterfly is 2:11:52 and my best record in 200m freestyle is 2:02:58. Everything in long course meter. From August 2018 up to August 2019 I will be completely out of swimming and out of everything that has to do with gym because in Greece we obligatory pass one year at the army as citizen. Do you think that at September 2019 when I will be free to swim again, I can reach my previous levels or will I have to deal with the fact that everything is gone? Whould it be better if I had the opportunity to swim 2 times per week every Saturday and Sunday mostly using fins to participate in finswimming at bifins events (swimming freestyle with snorkel and fins)? Thank you in advance for every kindful answer!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Don't worry, you will be back to pace in 3 months tops. I'm assuming that the army will keep you plenty fit, but if they don't you can dryland exercises: arms with dumb bells - butterflies, rows, overhead press, lat pull, legs - lie down on your back and do double leg lifts hold a few inches off the ground where it engages or core for at least 1 min intervals, turn over to lie on your stomach lift both legs up again and literally flutter kick for 30 sec sprints and 1 min medium pace. When that gets easy do it with your army boots on.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Don't worry, you will be back to pace in 3 months tops. I'm assuming that the army will keep you plenty fit, but if they don't you can dryland exercises: arms with dumb bells - butterflies, rows, overhead press, lat pull, legs - lie down on your back and do double leg lifts hold a few inches off the ground where it engages or core for at least 1 min intervals, turn over to lie on your stomach lift both legs up again and literally flutter kick for 30 sec sprints and 1 min medium pace. When that gets easy do it with your army boots on.
Children
No Data