Swimming Update

Former Member
Former Member
Still plugging away at the classes. We've started working flip turns recently, and I can do all 4 strokes, although I'm not sure how great my butterfly is, but I can make it the full length of the pool doing fly! Haven't been bold enough to try to make it 50 yet. Longest distance I've swam so far is 100 yards free. At some point I'll need to start working on increasing my distance. I have an odd question. Does anyone else find freestyle kick to be more tiring than say the butterfly kick? I was worried it was a technique thing, but she says my freestyle kick looks fine. But tonight using a kickboard, I found myself feeling more tired doing freestyle kicks than butterfly kicks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I find dolphin kick to be somewhat less tiring (ie I can do more without my thighs burning) than freestyle. My sense is that with two legs pumping from the hips at once it's more efficient, propelling one's body a greater distance with fewer kicks.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I find dolphin kick to be somewhat less tiring (ie I can do more without my thighs burning) than freestyle. My sense is that with two legs pumping from the hips at once it's more efficient, propelling one's body a greater distance with fewer kicks.
Children
No Data