places to swim in Knoxville

Group, I'm traveling to Knoxville this weekend to swim the B2B 10k, anyone have any leads on where I may be able to swim Saturday morning? The event is Sunday and I'd like to swim a bit Saturday morning in preparation after the drive Friday.
  • The local masters team is TNAQ. Not sure if they have Saturdays. There is a pool in Oak Ridge that has open swimming from noon until 4. You might be able to get a free pass from Gold's Gym I think they do a 3-day trial. There are three of them with pools in the area. There are also a couple of YMCAs, however I have no idea how their pool swimming thing works
  • Years ago I lived in Knoxville and used this club: www.nfcgymsknoxvillemerchants.com/ I did a lot of swimming there. They have a 55 foot pool (11 lengths ~ 200 yds). It looks like they offer 3-day trial passes.
  • Find a pool anywhere. Enter Knoxville, TN. Several pools in the area. https://www.swimmersguide.com Dan
  • Find a pool anywhere. Enter Knoxville, TN. Several pools in the area. https://www.swimmersguide.com Dan Beware that most of those "public" pools are gyms and/or outdoor pools that aren't open this time of year. OP, is the 10K an open water? There may be options in a nearby lake. If so, PM me and I may be able to help you out with that.
  • Beware that most of those "public" pools are gyms and/or outdoor pools that aren't open this time of year. OP, is the 10K an open water? There may be options in a nearby lake. If so, PM me and I may be able to help you out with that. The map for a particular area is interactive. Clicking on one of the locations presents you with some info about the facility, and a link to its website for more info. Dan
  • There is a pool in Oak Ridge that has open swimming from noon until 4. Just dawned on me. Kids have a swim meet in Kingsport. I'm pretty sure practice is cancelled. You might be able to swim there in the morning.
  • There is a pool in Oak Ridge that has open swimming from noon until 4. Just dawned on me. Kids have a swim meet in Kingsport. I'm pretty sure practice is cancelled. You might be able to swim there in the morning.