Swimwear shopping is frustrating!

Former Member
Former Member
Hi Ladies, I'm just wondering where you buy your swimwear? I find it very frustrating to shop for swimwear and be able to find one that fits right! I'm just curious to know what everyone else's experience is. What do you typically look for in swimsuits? Describe your perfect swimwear?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Layer, layer, layer!!! I am "curvy" but suits that are made for curves are not made for the intensity that I swim and they end up billowing underwater and flashing my lane mates. The tighter suits are cut too narrow and I also end up flashing my lane mates. To solve this problem I wear 2 suits - one tight and one loose. I also shop at swimoutlet and I get the sporti line because it is cheap and I can afford to buy several sizes in one order. Fabrics are a BIG issue. Softer fabrics like nylon allow for more stretch and are better for curves but they only last a month before they need replacing. Layering also helps to keep wearing a suit longer. Sporti is a softer fabric brand. Tougher fabrics like polyester don't allow for a stretch and may be better for narrower body types. They will last years and they cost a lot more. Nike has the toughest fabric suits, but they also have the narrowest cuts. Softer fabrics are also easier to get in and out of, which is helpful after a tough practice. If you choose to layer and you are doing a lot of yardage you will be prone to "suit hickeys" which is chafing on the neck from the multiple straps. Thicker straps are more likely to cause chafing and they tend to give me arm cramps. There are products made for chafing. Body glide is the best. I feel your pain. Let us know if you find anything great out there!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Layer, layer, layer!!! I am "curvy" but suits that are made for curves are not made for the intensity that I swim and they end up billowing underwater and flashing my lane mates. The tighter suits are cut too narrow and I also end up flashing my lane mates. To solve this problem I wear 2 suits - one tight and one loose. I also shop at swimoutlet and I get the sporti line because it is cheap and I can afford to buy several sizes in one order. Fabrics are a BIG issue. Softer fabrics like nylon allow for more stretch and are better for curves but they only last a month before they need replacing. Layering also helps to keep wearing a suit longer. Sporti is a softer fabric brand. Tougher fabrics like polyester don't allow for a stretch and may be better for narrower body types. They will last years and they cost a lot more. Nike has the toughest fabric suits, but they also have the narrowest cuts. Softer fabrics are also easier to get in and out of, which is helpful after a tough practice. If you choose to layer and you are doing a lot of yardage you will be prone to "suit hickeys" which is chafing on the neck from the multiple straps. Thicker straps are more likely to cause chafing and they tend to give me arm cramps. There are products made for chafing. Body glide is the best. I feel your pain. Let us know if you find anything great out there!
Children
No Data