just saying....

I wish USMS would offer something in between the stroke clinics (which are great, I've attended a couple) but need a bit more and the hi-performance camp, which I would love to do, but at this point in life cannot justify $2500 (daughters college tuiton gets the priority here :))
Parents
  • I wish USMS would offer something in between the stroke clinics (which are great, I've attended a couple) but need a bit more and the hi-performance camp, which I would love to do, but at this point in life cannot justify $2500 (daughters college tuition gets the priority here :)) Talk to your LMSC chair or board. Our LMSC has offered some clinics using "local talent" and maybe bringing in one outsider (we've had Jim Montgomery and Karlyn Pipes). Our clinics were probably similar to the current stroke clinics -- they pre-date them (and I haven't attended them) -- but there is no reason you can't target whatever audience you want. If you want to have a high-performance type clinic, for example, maybe use a 3-day or 4-day holiday weekend, hold it in a nice/convenient area, and ask some of the local stud coaches and swimmers to help out. If you get a decent attendance you can probably keep the cost pretty reasonable. Advertise to neighboring LMSCs too. Anyway, just a thought.
  • I wish USMS would offer something in between the stroke clinics (which are great, I've attended a couple) but need a bit more and the hi-performance camp, which I would love to do, but at this point in life cannot justify $2500 (daughters college tuition gets the priority here :)) Talk to your LMSC chair or board. Our LMSC has offered some clinics using "local talent" and maybe bringing in one outsider (we've had Jim Montgomery and Karlyn Pipes). Our clinics were probably similar to the current stroke clinics -- they pre-date them (and I haven't attended them) -- but there is no reason you can't target whatever audience you want. If you want to have a high-performance type clinic, for example, maybe use a 3-day or 4-day holiday weekend, hold it in a nice/convenient area, and ask some of the local stud coaches and swimmers to help out. If you get a decent attendance you can probably keep the cost pretty reasonable. Advertise to neighboring LMSCs too. Anyway, just a thought.
Children
No Data