What sets apart a average swimmer from a truly great one?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been swimming my entire life yet the fastest my 50m freestyle ever got was 28.7 seconds while using a tech suit. Yet I see many Olympians and others that have almost the same muscle mass and proportions and they swim consistent 23's. How is this so?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    And yet you are faster than a lot of others who might ask the same question of you. Oh, so true. "There are always greater and lessor humans." And also what are you calling great? I live in Pennsylvania. As far as I'm concerned, someone who swims in a lake at least once in every month of the year is a truly great swimmer. Faster, for example, doesn't make that any better.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    And yet you are faster than a lot of others who might ask the same question of you. Oh, so true. "There are always greater and lessor humans." And also what are you calling great? I live in Pennsylvania. As far as I'm concerned, someone who swims in a lake at least once in every month of the year is a truly great swimmer. Faster, for example, doesn't make that any better.
Children
No Data