What sets apart a average swimmer from a truly great one?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been swimming my entire life yet the fastest my 50m freestyle ever got was 28.7 seconds while using a tech suit. Yet I see many Olympians and others that have almost the same muscle mass and proportions and they swim consistent 23's. How is this so?
Parents
  • I was always told the 4 "T's" will determine you ultimate levels of achievement; Talent - Technique - Training - Tools ...these are listed in order of importance and you only have the ability to work on the last 3. Unfortunately what our parents told us when we were kids was not true (ie. you can be or do anything you want if you try hard enough). However, as a master, I personally find satisfaction in my own improvements.
  • I was always told the 4 "T's" will determine you ultimate levels of achievement; Talent - Technique - Training - Tools ...these are listed in order of importance and you only have the ability to work on the last 3. Unfortunately what our parents told us when we were kids was not true (ie. you can be or do anything you want if you try hard enough). However, as a master, I personally find satisfaction in my own improvements.
Children
No Data