LCM Pools in Massachusetts?

Former Member
Former Member
By way of introduction, I grew up outside of Boston, swam on a rec team til I was in middle school, stopped for YEARS (for a lot of reasons) and got back into lap swimming ... let's say 5 or 6 years ago? I don't feel ready to practice with a masters' team, as I still can only manage maybe 1500 - 1600 yards in an hour, and am not overly well conditioned. (unless someone wants to step in with a lane suited for the "brain still kinda remembers how to swim but body is still catching up" folks) Anyway, I found myself swimming at the local lake with a friend (lovely: a big roped-off deep area, and they have a sign posting distances of various segments of the deep end, how many laps = 1 mile, etc), and he mentioned he doesn't like pools because you're just kind of bouncing back and forth between the walls, which I agreed with (it can get a little dull, wall to wall, in a 25-yard pool), and it might be nice to find a long course/olympic/50-meter (whatever you want to call it) pool. And of course, the question's been driving me nuts for the past few days and I can't seem to get much of an answer out of google. It looks like MIT's pool is *sometimes* oriented for 50-meters, and the Blodgett Pool at Harvard is as well (sometimes?) and maybe there was (is?) one at Hanscom AFB, but are there any others? I could've sworn I swam at at least one when I was a kid, but since my focus was the water, it could have been in RI or CT for all I know. So, anybody know of indoor, 50-meter pools in Massachusetts? Let's stick with "east of Worcester" for the moment.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I didn't see any collegiate pools. It shows the Blodgett/Harvard pool and the Zesiger/MIT pool within 10 miles of me. I assume there are also pools that haven't been added, or that have missing data as well.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I didn't see any collegiate pools. It shows the Blodgett/Harvard pool and the Zesiger/MIT pool within 10 miles of me. I assume there are also pools that haven't been added, or that have missing data as well.
Children
No Data