Break after a big meet

How long do you take after a big meet? I've found that I've had a problem after a big meet like nationals or in this case Pan Ams to get back in the water. Do you typically take some time off before getting back in the water or do you get right back in the Monday after?
Parents
  • Do what your body and mind tell you. if you want the time off take it. if i have had a good meet i may take a couple of days off to unwind. If I had a bad meet I want to get started making changes immediately. i generally spend December (after the last SCM meet) doing cross training and long slow swimming to rest my knees and shoulders. I am on an extended break from real swimming after rotator cuff surgery now and I really miss it.
  • Do what your body and mind tell you. if you want the time off take it. if i have had a good meet i may take a couple of days off to unwind. If I had a bad meet I want to get started making changes immediately. i generally spend December (after the last SCM meet) doing cross training and long slow swimming to rest my knees and shoulders. I am on an extended break from real swimming after rotator cuff surgery now and I really miss it.
Children
No Data