Break after a big meet

How long do you take after a big meet? I've found that I've had a problem after a big meet like nationals or in this case Pan Ams to get back in the water. Do you typically take some time off before getting back in the water or do you get right back in the Monday after?
Parents
  • I usually like to get back in pretty quickly. After Nationals I took a week off and felt terrible when I got back in (of course that was compounded by going from short course Nationals immediately to long course) and it felt like it took weeks to finally break my taper all the way. Obviously it's easier to get straight back into it for me now swimming 4000/day, 3 days/week into a 2000/day taper than 20 hours training a week into a full taper when I was in college. So your mileage may vary.
  • I usually like to get back in pretty quickly. After Nationals I took a week off and felt terrible when I got back in (of course that was compounded by going from short course Nationals immediately to long course) and it felt like it took weeks to finally break my taper all the way. Obviously it's easier to get straight back into it for me now swimming 4000/day, 3 days/week into a 2000/day taper than 20 hours training a week into a full taper when I was in college. So your mileage may vary.
Children
No Data