Painting while swimming - would you mind?

Former Member
Former Member
My aquatic center is closing for 2 weeks, starting next week. While swimming there yesterday, I noticed a man on a scaffold painting. He's there again today. The air conditioning has been in the works of being replaced for several months now. They have several fans in the room, but it is extremely humid. Our summer has been mostly days of sun, heat and humidity. Painting should be done with the closing of the pool for 2 weeks under the guise of "maintenance." I don't want to swim indoors without proper ventilation (no air conditioning). Would you complain?:bitching:
Parents
  • So, from what small amount I know about pool HVAC (and assuming your system is designed properly) there should be two return air streams - one up high for general return air, one down lower for chlorine byproduct air that hovers above the water. If the whole HVAC system is broken/off, including coils, supply and exhaust fans, you have a big issue. Temporary fans aren't going to move the amount of air needed to clear out the chlorine byproduct - and odds are if they're there, they've been placed the wrong way blowing air into the room instead of out of the room anyway, which defeats the purpose. If, on the other hand, the only thing that is broken is the cooling part of the HVAC, and the supply and exhaust fans are still circulating, you should be safe, if a little uncomfortable - especially considering the painting is up high (or at least that's what I'm assuming with the scaffolding). You're still getting outside air into the space, albeit unconditioned, and stale air is still being vented out of the space. The only place I am a little fuzzy is how the air mixing would be affected by getting warm, humid supply air instead of cool, dry supply air. Probably makes the exhaust a little less effective because your hot-air-rises, cold-air-sinks natural drafts are not as designed.
  • So, from what small amount I know about pool HVAC (and assuming your system is designed properly) there should be two return air streams - one up high for general return air, one down lower for chlorine byproduct air that hovers above the water. If the whole HVAC system is broken/off, including coils, supply and exhaust fans, you have a big issue. Temporary fans aren't going to move the amount of air needed to clear out the chlorine byproduct - and odds are if they're there, they've been placed the wrong way blowing air into the room instead of out of the room anyway, which defeats the purpose. If, on the other hand, the only thing that is broken is the cooling part of the HVAC, and the supply and exhaust fans are still circulating, you should be safe, if a little uncomfortable - especially considering the painting is up high (or at least that's what I'm assuming with the scaffolding). You're still getting outside air into the space, albeit unconditioned, and stale air is still being vented out of the space. The only place I am a little fuzzy is how the air mixing would be affected by getting warm, humid supply air instead of cool, dry supply air. Probably makes the exhaust a little less effective because your hot-air-rises, cold-air-sinks natural drafts are not as designed.
Children
No Data