Painting while swimming - would you mind?

Former Member
Former Member
My aquatic center is closing for 2 weeks, starting next week. While swimming there yesterday, I noticed a man on a scaffold painting. He's there again today. The air conditioning has been in the works of being replaced for several months now. They have several fans in the room, but it is extremely humid. Our summer has been mostly days of sun, heat and humidity. Painting should be done with the closing of the pool for 2 weeks under the guise of "maintenance." I don't want to swim indoors without proper ventilation (no air conditioning). Would you complain?:bitching:
Parents
  • It looks glossy, so I'm not sure what type of paint it is. I understand that people paint inside their homes, but they aren't exercising while they are painting. :D And don't forget, there is extremely poor ventilation in the center, as they are replacing the air conditioning - a job that is taking months to complete. Your nose should tell you whether water vapor and fumes are descending to the water surface where you are breathing and the fumes are likely to follow the air flow in the building even if it is slow. Unless you are hyper sensitive to latex paint fumes, the amount of exposure is likely very small and the length of time you are exposed is small too. You should be able to make a judgment. Yah NJ has been crazy humid over the last weeks - it might take a month for the paint to dry :) I agree that the chlorine in a poorly ventilated pool area may be a bigger concern, so hopefully they fix the ventilation system.
  • It looks glossy, so I'm not sure what type of paint it is. I understand that people paint inside their homes, but they aren't exercising while they are painting. :D And don't forget, there is extremely poor ventilation in the center, as they are replacing the air conditioning - a job that is taking months to complete. Your nose should tell you whether water vapor and fumes are descending to the water surface where you are breathing and the fumes are likely to follow the air flow in the building even if it is slow. Unless you are hyper sensitive to latex paint fumes, the amount of exposure is likely very small and the length of time you are exposed is small too. You should be able to make a judgment. Yah NJ has been crazy humid over the last weeks - it might take a month for the paint to dry :) I agree that the chlorine in a poorly ventilated pool area may be a bigger concern, so hopefully they fix the ventilation system.
Children
No Data