When to think about joining Masters Swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi! I'm new to swimming as far as proper stroke technique goes. Learned how to swim as a kid, though. I'm currently taking the Stroke Introduction (Stage 4) class at the local YMCA. Figured it would be good to start with the basics and build up with a solid foundation from there. There are still two other class levels after Stage 4. Should I wait until I've maxed out of all YMCA offered levels before looking at joining the local Masters program?
Parents
  • "Humbling for sure. lol" Yeah, but a month or two from now, video yourself again, then look at the old tape. I'm sure you'll see a marked difference if you stick with this as you keep learning and improving. :) Swimming is a lot like golf. It's all about tiny movements and tweaks to make a difference. It's a sport you can continue to learn and grow in for your entire life. Never stop learning. :)
  • "Humbling for sure. lol" Yeah, but a month or two from now, video yourself again, then look at the old tape. I'm sure you'll see a marked difference if you stick with this as you keep learning and improving. :) Swimming is a lot like golf. It's all about tiny movements and tweaks to make a difference. It's a sport you can continue to learn and grow in for your entire life. Never stop learning. :)
Children
No Data