Adult swim clinic / private coach

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I've been swimming with a Master's team, but I feel like my stroke deficiency (in all of the strokes) is not allowing me to improve. I can barely swim 50yards, and then have to stop. I know it's a breathing problem on freestyle, but again, lots of corrections need to be made on all my strokes. Watching youtube videos can only get me so far... I tried looking for a private coach, but it seems most places here only do private adult swimming classes for people who don't know how to swim at all. The USMS clinics sound perfect, but there are none around me right now. I looked at fitterandfaster.com - do adults usually go to those, or are they mostly for kids in swim teams? Any help and/or suggestion would be really appreciated :)
Parents
  • Definitely say something to your coach! Many won't offer tips unless asked to specifically. Also check the ALTS instructor list for a possible one on one, many instructors are also coaches and have pool time for lessons. At my club we have a stroke development program called bridge to masters which focuses on technique. Most new swimmers have issues with breathing at first. Karen
  • Definitely say something to your coach! Many won't offer tips unless asked to specifically. Also check the ALTS instructor list for a possible one on one, many instructors are also coaches and have pool time for lessons. At my club we have a stroke development program called bridge to masters which focuses on technique. Most new swimmers have issues with breathing at first. Karen
Children
No Data