Adult swim clinic / private coach

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I've been swimming with a Master's team, but I feel like my stroke deficiency (in all of the strokes) is not allowing me to improve. I can barely swim 50yards, and then have to stop. I know it's a breathing problem on freestyle, but again, lots of corrections need to be made on all my strokes. Watching youtube videos can only get me so far... I tried looking for a private coach, but it seems most places here only do private adult swimming classes for people who don't know how to swim at all. The USMS clinics sound perfect, but there are none around me right now. I looked at fitterandfaster.com - do adults usually go to those, or are they mostly for kids in swim teams? Any help and/or suggestion would be really appreciated :)
Parents
  • Yeah, I know what you said, and you're right about the "with feedback and doing it correctly." The problem is, that's not what Jersey Girl is getting, so she needs to make a change. If she can't find a coach, my suggestion is an affordable one. If money is not a problem and she can afford it, I would suggest getting online coaching from somebody like Julia at Swimspire.com or another online coaching service. The Masters program Jersey is in is NOT a Masters program in the way I would expect it to be. I would expect a coach on deck to be available to give me feedback. Instead, it's basically like swimming solo, except she's having to share a lane with a bunch of people (I'm guessing) and perhaps swimming sets that don't meet her goals. Bummer. I would think swimming solo and getting some online coaching would be a better option. That's good to know about the inexpensive GoPro knock-off options out there. My camera suits me for the other purposes I also use it for (outside of the pool); however, your $40 alternative sounds perfect for shooting swim videos. Thanks, Elaine!
  • Yeah, I know what you said, and you're right about the "with feedback and doing it correctly." The problem is, that's not what Jersey Girl is getting, so she needs to make a change. If she can't find a coach, my suggestion is an affordable one. If money is not a problem and she can afford it, I would suggest getting online coaching from somebody like Julia at Swimspire.com or another online coaching service. The Masters program Jersey is in is NOT a Masters program in the way I would expect it to be. I would expect a coach on deck to be available to give me feedback. Instead, it's basically like swimming solo, except she's having to share a lane with a bunch of people (I'm guessing) and perhaps swimming sets that don't meet her goals. Bummer. I would think swimming solo and getting some online coaching would be a better option. That's good to know about the inexpensive GoPro knock-off options out there. My camera suits me for the other purposes I also use it for (outside of the pool); however, your $40 alternative sounds perfect for shooting swim videos. Thanks, Elaine!
Children
No Data