Adult swim clinic / private coach

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I've been swimming with a Master's team, but I feel like my stroke deficiency (in all of the strokes) is not allowing me to improve. I can barely swim 50yards, and then have to stop. I know it's a breathing problem on freestyle, but again, lots of corrections need to be made on all my strokes. Watching youtube videos can only get me so far... I tried looking for a private coach, but it seems most places here only do private adult swimming classes for people who don't know how to swim at all. The USMS clinics sound perfect, but there are none around me right now. I looked at fitterandfaster.com - do adults usually go to those, or are they mostly for kids in swim teams? Any help and/or suggestion would be really appreciated :)
Parents
  • Hello, I've been swimming with a Master's team, but I feel like my stroke deficiency (in all of the strokes) is not allowing me to improve. I can barely swim 50yards, and then have to stop. I know it's a breathing problem on freestyle, but again, lots of corrections need to be made on all my strokes. Watching youtube videos can only get me so far... I tried looking for a private coach, but it seems most places here only do private adult swimming classes for people who don't know how to swim at all. The USMS clinics sound perfect, but there are none around me right now. I looked at fitterandfaster.com - do adults usually go to those, or are they mostly for kids in swim teams? Any help and/or suggestion would be really appreciated :) That is the problem with a large number of aquatic facilities is that they are dominated by swim instructors. You ask for stroke development and you get sold swim lessons. So you are in a master's program that does not have a coach? Stroke clinics are limited. How much are you going to get out of a few hours? not much. It takes time to fix a stroke, and feedback.. it is doing it correctly with lots of repetition that fixes stroke issues.
  • Hello, I've been swimming with a Master's team, but I feel like my stroke deficiency (in all of the strokes) is not allowing me to improve. I can barely swim 50yards, and then have to stop. I know it's a breathing problem on freestyle, but again, lots of corrections need to be made on all my strokes. Watching youtube videos can only get me so far... I tried looking for a private coach, but it seems most places here only do private adult swimming classes for people who don't know how to swim at all. The USMS clinics sound perfect, but there are none around me right now. I looked at fitterandfaster.com - do adults usually go to those, or are they mostly for kids in swim teams? Any help and/or suggestion would be really appreciated :) That is the problem with a large number of aquatic facilities is that they are dominated by swim instructors. You ask for stroke development and you get sold swim lessons. So you are in a master's program that does not have a coach? Stroke clinics are limited. How much are you going to get out of a few hours? not much. It takes time to fix a stroke, and feedback.. it is doing it correctly with lots of repetition that fixes stroke issues.
Children
No Data